Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Recipe: Four Ingredient Apple Pie


 Today was our son Levi's ninth birthday. He loooooooves Granny Smith apples and homemade apple pie. Now, I'll tell you, I make a really good pie crust from scratch... but today's pie crust came from the refrigerated section of the supermarket... and if you are lazy like me and count store bought pie crust as one ingredient, then this apple pie is only four ingredients! Nothing fancy but soooo yummy.


 I cut a slice out for the birthday boy straight after it had come out of the oven. It hadn't even cooled yet. So, this picture makes it look like a mushy apple mess... but it tastes the same in the end (and goes really well with some vanilla ice cream and a cold glass of milk)


 Look at that steam!


Ok, enough talking and pictures... on to the recipe. I'll let it speak for itself...



I linked this recipe up at these places:

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. it really is yummy! Try it sometime and then come back and let me know what you thought :)

      Delete
  2. I love ice cream and apple pie. Looks yummy and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sooooo easy! How can you go wrong with just four ingredients?! :)

      Delete
  3. This looks so easy! I would love to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you try it, come back and let me know what you thought! :)

      Delete
  4. I love simple yet delicious recipes and this looks like it's both! Love your pics. Thanks so much for sharing at the Rock ‘N Share linky party. Hope to see you again soon! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love a good apple pie! Gotta have the ice cream with it. We like to put a slice of cheddar cheese on it as well. The heat from the pie melts it and it.is.sooo.good. Thanks so much for sharing at Wicked Good Wednesdays this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT? cheese? I have sure never heard of that but now I'm curious! Darn I'll have to make another pie to try that ;)

      Delete
  6. My husband loves apple pie, and this is the simplest recipe I've ever seen. Thank you so much for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO simple and SO yummy! Let me know if you make it. I'd love to know what your hubby thinks of it :)

      Delete
  7. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend at thejennyevolution.com. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

    Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Thanks for the invite... I just linked this recipe up. Whew... almost missed the cut off. Glad I got it in on time!

      Delete
  8. What a party last week on Friday Flash Blog! Thanks for joining us. I hope you’ve visited some of the other community members and you're having a splendid week.

    Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there. Sorry for the elemetary question but what do you mean when you say 'cover edge with strips of foil'? So I'm guessing I don't cover the whole dish with foil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Carrie, sorry I didn't respond sooner. No, you don't cover the whole dish. You literally cut strips of foil and just cover the edge one strip at a time so as not to let the edge burn. Let me know how yours turns out if you make it! :)

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips